The Department of Botany was established in 1937 and recently has been re-christened as Department of Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology. This 70 year old Department has been in the forefront of education, training and research in Plant Sciences.
The Department blends the traditional subject with modern disciplines, namely Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Bio-informatics. The lush Tropical Dry Evergreen Forest of the campus serves as a live laboratory for the learners. The Department has a computer laboratory with internet facility, a modern Library, a well equipped Tissue Culture Laboratory, a modern green house and arboretum as well.
Programmes Offered: B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D