- Working as the Head of the Department, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, Madras Christian College, Chennai, India
- - Title: ‘Personality and Foreign Policy in the Context of American Presidency’ Madras Christian College. 1993- 1998
- - Title: ‘Socio Economic Political Study of Slums in Madras City’ Madras Christian College. 1981-1982
- - Madras Christian College. 1979-1981
- - Madras Christian College. 1976-1979
- Madras Christian College. 1975-1976
- Areas of Specialisation: Political Science and International Relations
- Total teaching experience: 34 years in Madras Christian College.
- Taught different courses for the Under Graduate, Post Graduate and M.Phil.
Additional Responsibilities in Madras Christian College
- Professor in-charge as Principal (President) on several occasions in the absence of Principal in College.
- Member, Board of Directors (2016-2017) Madras Christian College
- Member, Governing Body (2015-2016) Madras Christian College
- Dean of Humanities ( 2015-2016)
- Incharge of all academic matters relating to Humanities Departments of the College.
- Member, Senatus (2015-till date)
- The Senatus is the highest administrative decision making body for local administration of the College.
- Dean of International Programs (2010 to 2012)
The responsibilities included:
- Exchange Programmes for Students of Undergraduate, Graduate and Research scholars;
- Coordinating Faculty Exchange Programmes;
- Collaborative Research Projects;
- Combined courses offered by the Institutions.
- Drafting MOUs with other International Educational Institutions.
- Part of the team that visited United Kingdom in November 2010 to discuss academic collaboration between Madras Christian College and Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool and the University of the West of Scotland, Scotland.
- Coordinator, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (Jan 2009 - May 2009)
- Involved in the preparation of Self–study Report of the College for Re-accreditation of the College by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Alumni & Public Relations Officer (2001 - 2006)
- Conducted the Annual General Body Meeting, Annual get-together and Executive Committee meetings.
- Organised Alumni Chapter meetings at various centers.
- Created a database of past students with a view to enhancing the Alumni membership.
- Maintained the Alumni website (www.mccalumni.org) with regular postings about the various happenings in the College.
- Organised a meeting of Alumni from several Chapters in the College.
- Involved in enhancing amenities in the International Guest House.
- Introduced a variety of Souvenirs of the College.
- Convener, Students Guidance Service Centre and Placement Cell (2000 - 2005)
- In charge of Campus Recruitment in the College.
- Organized Career-counseling sessions for the students.
- Associate Coordinator of Examinations (1999 - 2000)
- Involved in the conduct of end of Semester examinations in the College.
- Actively involved in the computerization of certain functions in the Examinations office.
International Programmes Attended / Foreign Visits
- Selected for the “Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar” programme held from 15 October to 30 October 2011, in U.S.A. Organized by United States-India Educational Foundation and United States Department of State,Washington,DC.
- Visited United Kingdom in November 2010 as Dean of International Programmes; as part of a team led by the Principal to discuss academic collaboration between Madras Christian College and Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool, the University of Edinburgh and the University of the West of Scotland, Scotland.
- Summer Institute for Advanced Study in Asian Cultures and Theologies
- Advanced Leadership Seminar conducted by the Haggai Institute, Singapore held from 7thFebruary to 3rdMarch 2006. I was awarded the ‘Regional Presentation Award’ in recognition and appreciation of the presentation made by me.
Seminars, Conferences, Workshops etc. attended, Papers Presented, Organizers and Place and Date
- Fulbright Scholarship Program-Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar - United States-India Educational Foundation and United States Department of State,Washington,DC, 15-30 October 2011,United States of America).
- International Conference on Social Sciences 2013 - “South Asian Security: Post-Cold War Issues and Challenges” Dept. of History, Tourism and Travel Management, Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai, Ethiraj College for women, Chennai, 23-25 January 2013)
- ‘National Conference on Human Development’ (MCC & Tamilnadu State Planning Commission, MCC, Jan 25-26, 2008)
- National Seminar on ‘Indian Democracy: Nehruvian Perspectives. “Nehru’s Foreign Policy-An Analysis” University Grants Commission & Nehru Study Centre, University of Kerala
- Workshop on ‘Curriculum Development in Political Science’ Dept. of Political Science, MCC. MCC, Chennai. Dec. 8, 2005
- National Seminar on ‘Iraq War and the Future World Order’. “Globalization and National Security with Special Reference to Cyber Terrorism”. University of Kerala, University of Kerala, Jan. 27-28, 2004.
- Annual Workshop on American Studies.“U.S.Foreign Policy Analysis-A Curriculum” U.S.Consulate General, Chennai, Karnataka University, Hubli. Nov.26-28, 2004
- ‘Faculty Development Programme’ (FDP) ICFAI University, Hyderabad, ICFAI University, May.19-21,2004
- International Conference on ‘Teaching International Relations’. “A Curriculum in International Relations” United States Educational Foundation of India( USEFI ), Chennai,Univ. of Goa, Dec.18-19,2003
- International Conference on ‘Post-Cold War International Relations’.“India and the Super Powers in the Post- Cold War Era”University of Kerala, Trivandrum, Kerala, Jan.20-21,2003.
- National Seminar on ‘International Studies’.“Indo-U.S.Relations: Post Cold War Era”. Dept. of International Studies, Stella Maris College, Chennai. Stella Maris College, Chennai. July 31, 2002
- Annual Workshop on ‘American Studies’.“The President and the Congress” South India America Studies Network Pondicherry University, Sep.7th to 9th , 2001
- Refresher Course in Political Science, University Grants Commission, University of Madras, 05.10.2001 to 25.10.2001
- Workshop on ‘Rethinking Security in South Asia’ Regional Centre for Strategic Studies, Colombo, & Univ. of Madras.University of Madras, Dec 2, .2000
- UGC State level Seminar on ‘Curriculum Development and Teaching Methodology’. University Grants Commission. Presidency College, Chennai. March 29th 2000
- Annual Workshop on ‘American Studies’.“Role of Personality in Foreign Policy Decision Making”, South India America Studies Network, Chennai.Univ. of Madras, Aug 18–20 , 2000
- Annual Workshop on ‘American Studies’.“The President and Foreign Policy”South India America Studies Network, Bangalore, May – 1998
- 50thAnnual Conference of Indian Political Science Association, “Domestic Imperatives of India’s Foreign Policy in the Post-Cold War Era”.
- “Liberalism and Neo-Liberalism: Theoretical Perspectives”, Indian Political Science Association, Kottayam, Kerlala, July – 1997
- UGC National Seminar on ‘Indian Polity’, “Judiciary and the Indian Polity”, Department of Political Science, MCC, Madras Christian College - April, 1997
- Refresher Course in Political Science, University Grants Commission, University of Madras, 03.02.1997 to 23.02.1997
- Course on “Research Methodology”. All India Association of Christian Higher Education (AIACHE), New Delhi, Kodaikanal, May, 1994
- Awarded Faculty Improvement Programme ( FIP ) by the University Grants Commission, India, for the year 1993-1994 to do full time research for one year leading to the Ph.D.Degree.
- National Seminar on “Perspectives on Russia”, Department of Political Science, Madras Christian College , March, 1993
- Course on “Research Methodology in International Relations: India & the U. S. A”, USEFI and American Studies Research Centre (ASRC), Hyderabad, 28.12.1992 to 09.01.1993
- Seminar on ‘Constitutional Rights of Minorities’, “Minorities in India”, All India Association of Christian Higher Education (AIACHE), New Delhi, Bangalore, 7 September, 1991
- Orientation Course, University Grants Commission, University of Madras, 29.01.1991 to 26.02.1991
- Seminar on “World Politics”, Department of Political Science, MCC, Madras Christian College - January, 1989
- Seminar on “Marxism”, Department of Political Science, MCC, Madras Christian College – March,1989.
- Workshop on “Civil Services”, Department of Political Science, MCC, Madras Christian College – September, 1988
- Annual Conference. Tamil Nadu Academy of Political Science, “Political Parties in Tamil Nadu”, Tamil Nadu Academy of Political Science, Madras Christian College, August, 1986
- “President Barack Obama’s Nobel Prize and his Peace Initiatives” an article in the book, An Introduction to Peace and Conflict Studies in Colleges edited by Dr.Joshua Kalapati, Dr.M.M.Ross and Dr.C.S.E.Ross, ISPCK, Delhi & IACS,MCC, Chennai, 2015.
- South Asian Security: Post-Cold War Issues and Challenges - Article in the Proceedings of International Conference on Social Sciences 2013, organized by the Department of History, Tourism and Travel Management, Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai.
- Two Articles in Tamil Encyclopedia of Social Sciences published by Tamil University, Tanjore, Tamilnadu,1990 :
- Delimitation of Constituency
- Casting Vote.
- Guided M. Phil Scholars
- Guided Thesis for the Post-Graduate students..
- Attended a Course on “Research Methodology” sponsored by the All India Association of Christian Higher Education (AIACHE), New Delhi in 1994.
- Attended a Course on “Research Methodology in International Relations: India & the U. S. A” organized by USEFI and American Studies Research Centre (ASRC) Hyderabad, 28.12.1992 to 09.01.1993
- Senior Investigator in a Tribal Research Project awarded by the Tribal Research Centre, Government of Tamil Nadu, India, during 1998-2000.
- Presented a research monograph titled ‘Globalization and Christian Education in India’ at the Summer Institute for Advanced Study in Asian Cultures and Theologies (IASACT) for six weeks(from 10thJune to 19thJuly,2007) conducted by the United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia (UBCHEA), at Divinity School, Chung Chi College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Co-ordinator of ‘J-Term Programme’ of Elmhurst College, Chicago, U.S.A. in Madras Christian College for the year 2009.
- Academic Co-ordinator for the ‘Semester in India Programme’ of Davidson College, N.C., U.S.A. in 2006.
- Senior Investigator in a Tribal Research Project awarded by the Tribal Research Centre, Government of Tamil Nadu, during 1998-2000.
- Member of the Self Study Project sponsored by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia (UBCHEA) during 1998-1999.
- Convener of I.A.S. Study Cell of the Department of Political Science during 1985 to 1990. Organised a one-day ‘Workshop on Civil Services’ in 1988 at Madras Christian College.
- Resource person for Political Science in Tamil Nadu Government Civil Services Coaching Centre, Anna Nagar, Chennai, India, from 2001-2003
- In-charge of Community Social Service programme for the under-graduates from 1982 to 1987.
- Provided expert opinion on issues in Politics and International Relations on National Television News Channels, India.
- Examiner and Member of Expert Panel, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Examiner, Staff Selection Commission, Government of India.
- Member, Selection Committee for recruitment of teachers for Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central Board of Secondary Education Schools), Government of India.
- Presiding Officer for the Parliamentary General Elections and Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections, India.
- Chairman, Board of Examiners, Madras Christian College.
- Chairman, Board of Examiners, for B.A. and M.A., Periyar University,Salem,Tamil Nadu.
- .Member of Board of Examiners in :
- Madras Christian College.
- University of Madras,
- Presidency College, Chennai
- Madurai-Kamaraj University, Madurai, India
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram , India
- Pondicherry Central University, Pondicherry, India