The Department of Marine Studies and Coastal Resource Management came into existence in 2006 with the vision of expanding the academic and research horizons of the Estuarine Biological Laboratory at Pulicat Lake.
This interdisciplinary course dealing with the frontier areas in marine science such as Marine Biology, Oceanography, Estuarine Biology, Fishery, Fishery Technology, Marine Biotechnology, Marine Pharmacology, Marine Resources, Remote Sensing and GIS, Coastal Management and Socio-economics of coastal communities.
The field practical works are conducted at the Estuarine Biological Laboratory located at the Pulicat lake, the second largest brackish water lake in the country.
Programmes Offered: M.Sc
- Interdisciplinary program
- Dual program - Marine Biology and Coastal Resource Management
- Earn credits from a foreign University
- Electives - Latest functional concepts offered
- Industrial Internship Program
- Dissertation - Research component on topic of interest
- Extensive field study at Pulicat Lake
- Exposure to Hitech Marine and Fisheries Research Institutes
- Training programs at Central Marine Research Institutes
- Visit the various marine ecosystems
- Collaborations with overseas Universities
- Campus Interview
- Linkages to advanced marine research
- Underwater diving and Research