B.Sc., M.A. (Pub.Admn.), M.A. (PM&IR), M.A. (Pol.Sc.), M. Phil., M.B.A., Ph.D.
Dr. Vijay Devanesan joined the Department of Public Administration in July 2010 as a Management Faculty. Since then he has been teaching the papers Local Government, Financial Administration, Administrative Thought and Police Administration for Post Graduate students. He has presented papers and has also participated in many National and International seminars. His areas of interests are Governance and Environmental Administration.
- “Historical Perspectives of Reservation Policy in Tamil Nadu” in the book “Reservation Policy in India” Scitech Publications (India) Pvt.Ltd., Chennai, 2010, Pages 101-109 . (ISBN: 978-81-8371-285-9)
- “E-democracy and E-voting –enhancing citizen participation and stake holder accountability” in an International Conference on “Digitalizing Administration; Challenges and Issues in E-Governance” organized by the Department of Public Administration, Presidency College, March 2008.
- “Governance at Grassroots” in an International Seminar on “Public Affairs and Governance: Challenges and strategies” organized by the Anna Centre for Public Affairs, University of Madras, January 2008.
Paper’s Presented in National Seminars/ Conferences
- “Communalism” – A political strategy undermining democracy in a U.G.C. sponsored National Seminar on “Democracy and Discontent in India” organized by the Department of Political Science and Public Administration, Annamalai University, February, 2011.
- “The status of refugees in Sri Lanka” in a National seminar on “Human Rights and Refugees” organized by the Department of Political Science , Presidency College, December, 2010.
- “Citizen’s Grievance Redressal” in a National seminar on “Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration” organized by the School of Politics and Public Administration ,Tamilnadu Open University, November, 2010.
- “Institutions for Natural Resources Management and Conservation in India” in a National seminar on “Environmental Governance : Problems And Prospects ” organized by the Anna Centre for Public Affairs, University of Madras, September , 2010.
- “Ethnic Conflict and Child Right Violation in Sri Lanka” in a National seminar on “Natural Disasters and conflicts and its Implications in Realizing Child Rights” organized by the Department of Political Science, Presidency College, April 2009.
- “Historical Perspective of Indo-Pak relations with Special reference to Nuclear Strategy and Security” in a National Seminar on “Emerging Challenges in South Asian regional Cooperation” organized by the Centre for South Asian Studies, Department of Politics and International Studies, School of Social Sciences and International Studies, Pondicherry University, April 2008.
- “Information Technology and Public Administration” in a National Seminar on “Status of Public Administration in India –Tradition, Transformation and Trends” organized by Department of Public Administration, Presidency College, March, 2008.
- “Vertical and Horizontal Configuration of Polices and Programmes” in a National Seminar on “Environment and Health: Challenges and Responses in South India” organized by the Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Madras, March 2008.
- “Historical Perspectives of the Reservation Policy of Tamil Nadu ” in a National Seminar on “Emerging Trends and Issues in Reservation Policy” organized by the Political Science and Public Administration Wing, Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University, February, 2008.
- “Indo-US Nuclear Deal and its Impact on South Asian Security” in a National Seminar on “Changing face of Indo-US relations and the Environment in Southern Asia” organized by the Department of Political Science, Annamalai University, March 2007.
- “Urban poverty and Solution” in a National Seminar on “Indian Urban Governance: Emerging Trends and Issues” organized by the Anna Centre for Public Affairs, University of Madras, December 2006.
- Workshop on Service-Learning on 28 & 29 January, 2011, Organized by the Department of Social Work, Madras Christian College in association with Appalachian State University, U.S.A.
Participation in National Seminars / Conferences
- National Seminar on “Environmental Monitoring: Issues and Challenges” Organized by the Department of Geography, Tourism and Travel Management, February 2011.
- State level Seminar on “Cyber Crime: Recent Trends” organized by the School of Politics and Public Administration, Tamil Nadu open University in collaboration with Indian Institute of Public Administration, Tamil Nadu Regional Branch, April 2009.
- Regional Seminar on “Challenges of the Human Resource Management: Present Scenario” Organized by the Department of Public Administration, Madras Christian College, Tambaram, March 2009.
- National Conference on “Humanities and Social Sciences in India: Issues and Challenges in the Era of Globalization” conducted by the Department of History, Women’s Christian College, March 2009.
- Refresher course for College Chaplains, jointly organized by Madras Christian College and UBCHEA, April 2008.
- Haggai Institute seminar for Advanced Leadership at Madras Christian College, April 2008.
- National Conference on “Human Development” jointly organized by Madras Christian College and National Planning Commission, January 2008.
- National Consultation on “HIV/AIDS: Response of Christian Colleges” organized by Madras Christian College in collaboration with United Methodist Global AIDS Fund, USA & Centre for the Church and Global AIDS, USA, October 2007.