The goals and objectives of the alumni association are contained in the constitution of the Alumni Association adopted in 1963 as its purposes:
- To foster and perpetuate friendship and cooperation among the alumni through Publications
- Central, regional and local alumni associations
- Small informal group meetings of alumni
- Visits of the members of the faculty and administration of the College to alumni centres
- Maintaining an active alumni head quarters on the College campus
- Organizing reunions on the College campus or other places
- Celebrations in alumni centres
- To further the social, literary and cultural interests of the alumni and alumnae through the publication of articles, through functions and meetings of the associations, and in other ways.
To promote the interests of Madras Christian College by:
- Fostering and keeping alive loyalty to the College and a continuing concern for its welfare;
- Raising funds and securing gifts for the College for special or general purposes and
- Communication with the authorities of the College on matters of mutual interest.