M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., Dip. in HRD
Johanan Christian Prasana, b. 16 August, 1968 on the MCC Campus, grew up in its bewitching environment as part of the campus and its family. The sylvan setting, the wealth of flora and fauna and the ever present playmates have so deeply inducted him into the enervating life that his wishes and aspirations have conditioned him not to seek distant pastures. He went to school at Corley and Madras Christian College Higher Secondary School. He graduated at MCC majoring in Physics in 1988 with First Class. He also completed his Master’s here in 1990 with a First Class having worked on his project “Nuclear Quadruple Moment”. Without breaking stride, he completed his M.Phil., through his department, also in First Class having worked on his thesis, “Ultrasonic Propagation in some High Polymers and Organic Liquids” in 1992. He was awarded the degree of Doctor of Philosophy for his work on “Ultrasonic Characterization of PBD, SBR, BR, EPDM and Their Blends in Toluene” by the University of Madras, through MCC, in 2003.
He has been actively involved in research by guiding more than 30 Postgraduate and 14 M.Phil., students in their project work on crystal growth, ultrasonic and polymers. He has 5 presentations and publications in national conferences and journals. Prasana has twenty one years of experience of teaching physics at different levels at Voorhees College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu (1990 – 1994) and at MCC (1994 to till date). He has been Reader in Physics since 2004.
He loves campus responsibilities to which he stands deeply committed. He has been Associate Co-ordinator of Examinations at the college since 2004 and has been pleasurably involved in the automation of the work of the Examinations office. He is also a member of college Anti-Ragging Committee. He goes out to help autonomous colleges and the University of Madras as evaluator of student answer scripts as well as setter of question papers. He is conversant with the computer and has a working knowledge of graphical packages. He has a diploma in HRD and handling personality enrichment class at MCC.
He is a life member of the professional bodies, Indian Association of Physics Teachers and Ultrasonic Society of India. He had attended four professional training programmes in academic development. Prasana is lover of Cricket and he plays for the MCC faculty team.
Home-grown, committed to campus life and responsibilities and delighted in the company of intimate pals, he has little to complain against. Prasana had a six week holiday in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1987 with his parents.
Positions & Responsibilities
- Board Member, MCC Higher Secondary School, June 2012
- Convener, Value Education Programme, From June 2010 to Till date
- Member, Disciplinary committee, From June 2010 - May 2011
- Associate Coordinator of Examinations, From September 2004 to July 2008
- Member, Anti-Ragging committee, From June 1996 to May 2007
Publications & Presentations
- J. C. Prasana, R. Balakrishnan, V. Armugam, N. Radhakrishnan,”Ultrasonic Study On Gamma Irradiated Celloulose Di and Tri Acetates”, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, Vol.36, October 1998, pp 602-5.
- J. C. Prasana, R. Balakrishnan, R. Rajan, ”Ultrasonic Studies on Polymers”, Presented At VIII National Symposium on Ultrasonics at Nagpur, India, November 1992.
- J. C. Prasana, R Balakrishnan, J. F. Rajasekaran and V. Armugam, “Ultrasonic studies on Different Rubbers in Toluene”, presented at 11th National Symposium on Ultrasonics at Ananthapur January, 2002.
- J. C. Prasana, R. Balakrishnan, C. Gayathri and V. Armugam, “Compatibility Studies of BR/PS AND PBD/PS Blends using Ultrasonic Parameters”, presented at XII National Symposium On Ultrasonics, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, November 3-5, 2003.
- J. C. Prasana, R. Balakrishnan, Meera and V. Armugam, “Compatibility Studies of PBD/BR Blends” presented in National Seminar for M.Sc., Projects, Voorhees College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, March 2, 2007.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com